- Food packaging is by far the largest application segment of the packaging industry, accounting for more than one-third of demand. The market has reached a plateau in terms of technology in the more developed nations in North America and Europe, while the emerging countries of Asia Pacific region are catching up with packaging technologies and food supply chain management amid rapid lifestyle changes and economic growth, coupled with rising population. The main reason for increasing preference for processed food is the shifting population dynamics towards urban centers from rural areas. Convenience features such as easy opening, portability and easy disposability will be the key factors for driving the market. Increasing government regulations implemented by regulatory authorities also drives demand. Read more in Food packaging accounts for almost 35% of the global packaging market
- Particularly in food packaging, new technologies such as intelligent packaging, active, smart packaging, and modified atmosphere packaging are replacing traditional methods. Some of the emerging packaging products are advanced time-temperature monitors, antimicrobial packaging, and smart phone-enabled interactive packaging products. Demand will continue to be steady amid rising demand for packaged food coupled, increasing food safety concerns, need for to retain freshness and nutritional value. To know which of these segments will expand faster, developments driving growth, robust growth regions, factors aiding growth, hurdles faced, etc, read
Active, smart and intelligent packaging to grow amid demand for packaged food, increasing food safety concerns
- Antimicrobial packaging is an active technology packaging solution to prevent the penetration of small atmospheric and molecular gases, such as carbon dioxide, oxygen, volatile flavor nitrogen compounds, water vapor, and aromatic compounds into the package. Increasing number of working women, migration of people from urban to rural areas, and rise in disposable income in emerging economies, fuel the demand of packaged food that drives this market. Asia-Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing region with heavy expenditure in R&D. To know the benefits, developments, future trends and challenges, read Global antimicrobial packaging market poised to register CAGR of over 6% until 2025
- Safety of food products has become a top priority of consumers on a global scale. Over 30% of the food in the world is wasted and most of this is generated by retailers and consumers who follow dates on packages and throw away edible food. Now plant-based bioplastic food packaging is being developed to increase shelf life of food along with sensors that notify the consumers and retailers whether the food inside can be consumed or not. This packaging extends life of the food product and is environment friendly. Increasing awareness regarding the environmental concerns and gradual change in buying habits is likely to propel demand. Read more in
Smart plant-based food packaging extends shelf life, more environment friendly
- Futuristic food packaging will have the ability to enhance food shelf life with high efficiency and low energy consumption, making a positive impact on food wastage in many countries. A team of researchers has developed a biopolymer from oat starch that begins to degrade after just four months. The product's characteristics allow for the conservation of the physical, chemical and other properties like taste and smell - of packaged goods as well as antimicrobial properties. Researchers are also investigating the use of chitosan extracted from shrimp shells for use as a new food packaging material to extend the shelf life of products. Read more in Biodegradable packaging that increases shelf life of food products
- Chandra Asri Petrochemical selects U.
- Braskem to acquire Cetrel business..
- ExxonMobil to complete expansion &
- Composite PP/PE filament for automo.
- Borealis AG selects Honeywell UOP's..
- A range of opaque and translucent co.
• Announcing IndiaPlast 2018 - a Mega Plastics..
• IPLEX 18 Space Booking Opens
• For all your Business needs-Visit plastemart.
• Invitation For Plastivision 2017, Mumbai
• Consultant Clinic at Plastivision India 2017
• Concurrent Events during Plastivision...
• Technopet Machineries - Invitation for plast.
• Manufacturers of all kinds of recycled..
• For plastic films permeability force...
• Hyderabad to host IPLEX 18 ....
• KBM Extrusions Invitation for Plastivision..
• PVC pipes & fittings Down stream Machine ..
• Announcing a Mega Plastics Exhibition...