Reference NumbersAIE - 1947
ManufacturerNeoplast Engineering Pvt. Ltd., India
Neoplast Underwater Pelletizer
- In Strand pelletizing system, the pellets are not consistent in dimensions and having inclination to carry moisture. The wastage is also very high.
- In water Ring Pelletizing System, the material tends to smear over the die plate and cutting blades, due to dry cutting at the die face.
- In Underwater Pelletizing System, the molten polymer emerges from the die holes; it is cut into pellets by the rotating blades under controlled temperature water. Hence, the cut pellet is immediately quenched and solidified. In turn, the water transports the pellets to a centrifugal dryer where pellets are dried and discharged to classifier.
- The process water coming out from the drier is passed through the fines removal screen to make the system free from impurities, which in turn pressurized, temperature regulated, and returned to the pelletizer by the tempered water system. The process water is contained in a closed loop so there is minimal water loss and very little housekeeping involved.
Spring Loaded Pelletizer:
- Neoplast pelletizer is designed with a spring-loaded cutter to adjust blades against the die face.
- Different springs are provided in order to properly match blade, die and polymer combinations.
- The MOC of the blade would be S.S. 304 with 6 Spokes cutter hubs.
- Hardness of the blade would be 45-50 HRC.
- The cutter blade RPM can be 100 to 3600, controlled through AC variable frequency drive.
- Die and cutter blades are provided with specially treated material to ensure long life.
- All water contact parts made from SS 304 to ensure corrosion and contamination free end products.
- Ideal horizontal melt flow; hence no dead areas. Moreover, simple access to die plate and cutter hub replacement possible with lowest down time.
- With advantage of proven pelletizer design, we guarantee for the best quality of pellets, lowest energy costs and simplified maintenance.
- The Centrifugal Dryer is provided with agglomerate catcher, exhaust blower and diverter valve
- A countercurrent airflow generated by an external fan removes residual surface moisture and produces a slight vacuum to prevent any humid air from pellets. The residual surface moisture (ppm) would be 0.05 percent or less by virtue of our specially developed dryer design.
- Rotor is dynamically balanced and hence vibration free performance.
- All water contact parts are made from SS 304.
- All process valves are pneumatically actuated and hence ease of operation.
- Hinged doors, leak proof screens, pellet free rotors, and precisely fabricated components are some of the standard features
- An agglomerate catcher is included to remove oversized lumps of polymer before they enter the dryer.
- Agglomerates fall into the fines removal waste tray from the slurry inlet.
Fines Removal Sieve (FRS):
- A fines removal screen is included for collection and disposal of fines particles during process runs.
- The FRS removes all the fine particles higher than 0.15 mm in size.
- Neat and clean way of collecting fines and impurities from process water.
- Reduces maintenance of TWS components.
- The process water contaminated with particles is first conducted into a collection chamber and then flows evenly over the curved screen. The fines are separated and collected.
- Comb type SS construction processes water upto 30 m3/hr.
- Available with automatic system only.
Tempered Water System (TWS):
- The tempered water system is the internal conveying system of the pelletizing process and consists of centrifugal dryer, agglomerate catcher, water tank with heater, heat exchanger and exhaust fan.
- Heat exchanger of adequate capacity with automatic control which ensures a constant and desired process water temperature.
- SS water tank with heater and temperature controller.
- Automatic water level controller with solenoid valve. Digital flow meter is also incorporated.
- TWS system is supplied with By-Pass line to avoid freezing of die.
- All process ball valves incorporated in the system are pneumatically actuated and controlled by PLC.
- The Electric Control Panel is precisely pre-wired and labeled as per the international code and it is easy to plug at the time of installation.
- Electrical control panel components are of international standard IP 55 or equivalent.
- The cutter blades RPM can be controlled by AC variable frequency inverter drive and soft start up of the machine.
- The control panel is also equipped with temperature controllers for die plate and adaptor. Digital current indicator for adopter, die and pelletizer drive is also provided, with overload audio-visual alarm to shut down extruder.
- Control Panel also incorporates PLC with required process interlocks to ensure operators safety.
Advantages of Underwater Pelletizing System:
- Moisture content (ppm) would be as low as 0.05 or less
- Uniform and smooth pellet surface
- Compact and versatile
- Fully automatic and close loop system.
- Low noise: The thermoplastic is cut underwater in a semi-molten condition.
- Simple startups: Our systems can be started with the push of a single button.
- Pellet size from 2.0 mm to 3.8 mm.
- No product oxidization
- Custom design: We can provide custom designs to meet your specific requirements.
- Single and double row die in one and two piece construction.
- Low tooling costs, variable tool speed and automatic tool readjustment
- Low scrap through automation and clean operation
Suitable for polymers like LDPE, LLDPE, XLPE, PP, PE, TPR, Nylon, PS, PVC, engineering plastics, filled materials etc.
- Primary pelletizing
- Food grade polymer
- R&D application
- Thermoplastic elastomer
- Medical grade polymer
- Masterbatch production
(For images, please see next pages)
For More Details Contact:
Neoplast Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Dhruv Shah, Mr. Tushar Parikh
Tel.: +91-79-25830602, 25831185, 25891078
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org