At Plastindia 2015 German Brückner Maschinenbau and Brückner Servtec will present latest solutions that help film producers to optimize their performance. Brückner’s latest BOPET lines are operated at speeds above 500 m/min. At Plastindia Brückner will show developments which improve the film quality, the handling and the efficiency of the line. For example the recently introduced, advanced pinning system and the highly reliable chain track system in the transverse direction orienter (TDO), providing unparalleled stability during operations at high-speeds. Other BOPET highlights:
* High production speeds at low pinning speeds due to unmatched high MD stretch ratios above 4:1
* Advanced twin screw extrusion system for improved melt quality and also eliminating energy-consuming crystallisation and drying of the resin, hence reducing also the total energy consumption
* Direct return of the edge trim, reducing expensive recycling steps and the energy consumption
* Advanced direct drive technologies for excellent film tension settings which results in superior film surfaces, flatness and excellent optical qualities
* Air circulation in the TDO via filters and catalysts for reduced energy consumption and cleaner air
* Safe and ergonomic handling of the completely integrated line – starting from resin handling and including the winder
BOPA films for food packaging as well as for applications in the medical sector are of increasing interest for the Indian markets as they offer plenty of advantages due to their good barrier properties towards gases, flavors and odors. At Plastindia Brückner presents BOPA line layouts with line widths above 5m and stretching technologies for superb production efficiency and a high yield, offering various benefits for the production of modern first-class BOPA films.
Visitors will get latest information about lines for the manufacture of high-quality BOPP films which can achieve unreached working speeds above 500 m/min. Therefore Brückner has developed an even more efficient water removal in the area of the chill roll, a new longitudinal stretching unit (MDO) with adjustable nip rolls, an innovative platform with a new chain track system in the transverse direction orienter and the newly designed high-speed winding unit.
For the production of added value specialty films Brückner will present latest solutions that help Indian film producers to diversify and enlarge their portfolio:
* Inline coating (ILC) technology for BOPET and BOPP
* Production lines for high-barrier BOPP films in 5, 7 or 9 layers
* Lines for the efficient production of high quality capacitor films, down to thicknesses below 3 µm
* Simultaneous LISIM technology to achieve very specific, adjustable film properties
* In-line and off-line technologies for trendy shrink sleeves with high-value appearance based on PET-G, OPS, PP or PVC
*Dedicated line layouts for the growth market of photovoltaic applications such as UV-resistant solar back sheet
* Advanced battery separator film production lines with the patented EVAPORE process for efficiency, high output and consistent quality for 3C and EV applications serving the fast growing electrical vehicle and appliance markets
* All line developments include brand-new energy saving measures in both, thermal and electrical respect. One of the highlights will be the “Intelligent Line Management” (ILM) including an energy monitor for measuring and analysing the energy consumption of the film production process based on the international standard ISO 50001.
Brückner Servtec, the service affiliate within the Brückner Group, demonstrates how film producers can improve the productivity of their existing film stretching lines with upgrades and services.
The live demonstration of a power analyzer, a new tool which helps to overcome unstable power supply, will be a highlight at the booth. The consequences of variations in the power supply can be unplanned production interruptions. Due to the wide variety of disturbances in the power supply the analysis is crucial. The power analyzer provides a detailed report which leads to the right countermeasures for unstable power supply.
At Plastindia Brückner Servtec will also show how film manufacturers can enter new markets with an upgrade to 5-layer film production, the latest trend in upgrading worldwide. Detailed concepts for a qualified line modification for existing BOPP lines will be presented. 5-layer films are produced for high-quality and high-margin applications, including white, voided and metallized films for food packaging, synthetic paper for business cards and high-barrier film for packaging with aroma protection.
Furthermore, visitors will get to know Brückner’s CLIPFIT service in India. It provides professional clip and chain cleaning and refurbishment for BO film production.
At the joint Brückner Group booth, besides Brückner Maschinenbau and Brückner Servtec visitors will also meet Kiefel, showing the latest developments for the packaging, automotive, medical & appliance industry, and PackSys Global, presenting advanced packaging equipment.