PR - 1184
5 Layer EVOH Barrier film for UHT milk packaging
We are suppliers of Co-extruded Multi-layer Double Pigmented 5 Layer EVOH based Flexible Films suitable for aseptic packaging of UHT Milk on FFS Machines. Few of the advantages / unique properties of our films are
1. Shelf Life - EVOH based flexible film offers a shelf life of upto three months of UHT Milk packaged therein when stored at ambient temperature, whereas 3-layer PE film offers shelf life of only about 48-hours that too if the packaged milk is stored and transported under refrigeration at a temperature below 4 degree Celsius.
2. Economical - Cheaper Pack - When compared with Tetra Pack the cost of EVOH based packaging material per liter is almost 1/3rd and difference in shelf life is not much when EVOH film and Tetra Pack are compared.
3. Cost saving - Transportation & Storage - EVOH based film rolls have lesser volume when compared with composite laminate required for Tetra Pack which is almost 1/7th volume thereby huge savings in packaging material transportation as well as storage.
4. Cost effective packaging system - UHT Milk packaging system that uses EVOH film is much cheaper than Tetra Pack Machines. The equipment also is compact as well as space required is also less.
5. Disposal - Disposal of empty / used EVOH based packs is much easier than Tetra Pack.
6. Enviornment Issue - Tetra Pack cannot be recycled whereas flexible films offered are recyclable, hence environment friendly.
7. Energy saving - EVOH packaging is energy efficient flexible packaging medium that results in saving of energy / electricity as no post packing refrigeration is required at any time.
8. Wider marketing or distribution - Since EVOH Based film offers longer shelf life to UHT milk packaged therein which can stored, transported and sold in ambient conditions, it could be distributed even in rural areas where refrigeration is either difficult or impossible. Milk packaged in Tetra Pack though can also be stored at ambient temperature but it is not economical owing to its higher cost as Tetra Pack composite laminate is more than three times costlier than EVOH based film and so is the packing machines.
In NUTSHELL EVOH based film is a most convenient and cost effective medium for packaging of UHT milk for wider distribution network without any requirement of refrigeration.