CS - 89
PVC TECHNICAL SERVICES
A NEW CONSULTING SERVICE IN POLYMER PROCESSING
AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES IS NOW AVAILABLE.
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST:
Chemistry and technology of polymer degradation and stabilization, especially PVC. Stabilizer Optimization.
Formulating, compounding , processing and testing, especially PVC.
Rigid PVC extrusion (Single and Multi-Screw).
Confidential help is available in several areas of polymer processing technology, including:
I - PVC Rigids, Flexibles, Plastisols/Organosols
1. Resin Selection - Matching type and K-Value to process and product needs.
2. Additive Selection - Heat Stabilizers, Plasticizers, Impact modifiers, Process aids, Fillers, Antioxidants, U.V. Stabilizers, Lubricants, Biocides, Fire Retardants, Smoke Suppressants,Colorants, Foaming Agents.
3. Formulating - Matching formulation to end product needs, and to processing equipment; Cost considerations.
4. Compounding - In-plant materials handling, Blending, Powder blending, Hot melt mixing.
5. Processing - Single and Twin Screw Extrusion, Injection molding,Calendering, Coating, Blow molding, Foaming, Regrind use.
6. Downstream - Sizing, Cooling, Calibrating.
7. Laboratory Testing - Incoming raw materials, Compound, Finished product.
8. Marketing - New Product Introduction.
9. Additive Research and Development -
A. Stabilizers (Ba/Cd, Ca/Zn, Tin, Lead, Epoxy)
B. Lubricants - External/Internal, Blends
C. Antioxidant Systems/Light Stabilizer Systems
D. Multifunctional Additive Approaches
In-plant seminars on PVC extrusion and productivity enhancement are available, as well as in-lab and in-plant assistance.