TTE - 2258
Our Opacity Tester is used to determine optical characteristics of plastics including colour, clarity, general appearance and more directly measurable properties, such as index of refraction.
Most resin by nature is clear and transparent. They can be colored by dyes and will become opaque as pigment or fillers are added. Polystyrene and poly (methyl methacrylate) are well known for their optical clarity, which even exceeds, that of most glass. Optical clarity is measurement of light transmitting ability of the material. It depends, among other things, on the length of the light path, which can be quantitatively expressed.
- Indigenous design to read percentage reading of light passing through specimen.
- Precious least count of 0.01%
- Solid state electronic design ensures maintenance free long life of the apparatus.
- Simple to operate and aligent appearance.
- Dust free specimen chamber.