The 48th AGM of the Federation was held at Palladian Lounge, Bengal Chamber of Commerce & Industry, 6 Netaji Subhas Road, Kolkata - 700 001. During the Inaugural Session Dr. S.K. Verma gave a presentation on the use of plastics in construction industry and also the use of waste plastics in road construction. Prof. Bikash Sinha gave a presentation on India's Nuclear Programme - Present and Future. Hon'ble Minister Shri Kshiti Goswami who could not attend the AGM due to sudden engagement sent his representative Shri S. K. Deb, Chief Engineer (Roads), PWD Department. Shri Deb also addressed the AGM gathering. During the Business Session, new office-bearers and Committee Members were elected. A list of the elected office-bearers and Committee Members is given below:
Shri K. K. Seksaria : Director
M/s Uma Plastics Limited
(Activity: Manufacturer of moulded plastic furniture)
Shri K. D. Agarwal : Managing Director
M/s Shiva Polymers Pvt. Ltd.
(Activity: Manufacturer of woven sacks)
HONY. SECRETARY: (1)
Shri Rajesh Mohta : Partner
M/s Mahabir Plastic Industries
(Activity: Manufacturer of Injection moulded plastic products)
HONY. JOINT SECRETARY: (1)
Shri Narendra Kumar Surana : Director
M/s Ever Bright Plastic Pvt. Ltd.
(Activity: Manufacturer of plastic industrial components
HONY. TREASURER: (1)
Shri Ramawatar Poddar : Director
M/s Express Tin Containers Pvt. Ltd.
(Activity: Manufacturer of plastic containers)
2. COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Producer Members' seats (Minimum 3 - Maximum 5):
1. Shri Alok Tibrewala : M/s Swastik Polymers Pvt. Ltd.
2. Shri D. K. Chatterjee : M/s Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd.
3. Shri Prabhakar Singh : M/s LG Polymers India. Ltd.
Distributors Members' seats (Minimum 1 - Maximum 2):
1. Shri Amar Seth : M/s Rajda Sales (Cal) Pvt. Ltd.
2. Shri Ramesh Kumar Rateria : M/s Rateria Laminators Pvt. Ltd.
Associate Members' seats (Minimum 2 - Maximum 4):
1. Shri Dipak Fatesaria : M/s Engineers Udyog
Dealer Members' seats (Minimum 1 - Maximum 2):
1. Shri Bharat Shah : M/s Orissa Chem Pest Pvt. Ltd.
2. Shri Shankar Kumar Sharaff : M/s Tirupati Plastics
Manufacturer Members' seats (Minimum 8 - Maximum 12):
1. Shri Dipak J. Gathani : M/s Stretch Plast
2. Shri Naresh Kr. Agarwal : M/s Kushal Polysacks Pvt. Ltd.
3. Shri Pradip Nayyar : M/s Kumar Engineering Works
4. Shri Prakash Kumar Birmecha : M/s Accurate Turners Pvt. Ltd.
5. Shri Nirmal Kandoi : M/s Poly Packaging
6. Shri Jayant Kumar Goenka : M/s Polyplastics & Industries
7. Shri Suklal Roy : M/s Sashibhai Suklal (P) Ltd.
8. Shri Sourabh Khemani : M/s National Moulding Co. Ltd.
9. Shri Manish Kumar Bhaia : M/s Neptune Plastic & Metal Industries
10. Shri Banwari Lal Tak : M/s Sanchar Polytubes
11. Shri Manoj Kumar Agarwal : M/s Mittal Polypacks Pvt. Ltd.
12. Shri Prabhat Agarwala : M/s Ritik International
A list of the Sub-Committees formed along with their Chairman is given below:
1. Administrative, Finance &
Infrastructure Development : Shri S. C. Bhutoria
2. Raw Materials : Shri Sourabh Khemani
3. Technical : Shri T. K. Banerjee
4. Industrial Promotion, Protection &
Business Reconciliation : Shri J.C. Agarwal
5. Woven Sacks : Shri Manoj Agarwal (Mittal)
6. Direct & Indirect Taxes : Shri Prabhat Agarwala
7. Membership Drive : Shri Dipak Gathani
8. Plastics in Environment : Shri R. A. Lohia
9. Seminar : Shri Ramesh Kr. Rateria
10. Editorial Board : Shri Maanish Kr. Bhaia
11. Plastindia Foundation : Shri K. K. Seksaria
12. Public Relations & Information Technology : Shri Pradip Nayyar
13. All India Plastics Directory 2009 : Shri K. M. Tibrewala
14. Centre of Excellence : Shri Amar Seth
15. INDPLAS'09 : Shri K. D. Agarwal
The Chairman looks after the portfolio allotted to him. He can nominate other members to his Sub-Committee if he so desires.