Planned turnarounds are drawing to a close in the Asia-Pacific region as per SP Global Platts. The status in China:
* PetroChina's Dushanzi Petrochemical refinery lifted run rates to around 31% after scheduled full maintenance from July 20 to around September 15. The Dushanzi refinery has a 10 million mt/year crude distillation unit. It also has a 6 million mt/year CDU that has been idled for several years.
* PetroChina has lifted run rates at Daqing to around 33% in September, from around 9% in August, after restarting one crude distillation unit at around September 19 from scheduled maintenance starting early August. The other one is to be restarted in early October.
* Sinopec's Qingdao Refining and Petrochemical ramped up rates to around 100% in September from 67% in August following scheduled maintenance from May to around August 9.
* Dongxing Petrochemical lifted run rates to around 73% after restarting from maintenance around September 3 from a two-month full turnaround.
* China's Tianjin has been running at around 87% capacity in August and September after works on secondary units earlier in the summer, which included a hydrocracker and a delayed coking unit.
* Sinopec's Shanghai Petrochemical is running above 90% after carrying out works on secondary units.