GAIL India eyes petrochemical plants in Russia and Qatar

As part of its plans to become US$10 bln company by next century, India's state gas utility GAIL India is eyeing petrochemical plants in Russia and Qatar. GAIL plans to build a plant in Qatar with a capacity to produce 1 mln tons of polymers for exports. Talks have been underway with Russian oil firm Lukoil and gas utility Itera in Moscow for a petrochemical plant in the former Soviet republic. GAIL and Lukoil may set up a petrochemical plant in Saudi Arabia based on the gas in the field as also export the fuel to India in form of LNG. Lukoil has 80% stake in the 29,000 sq km area while the remaining 20% stake is with Saudi Aramco.
  More News  Post Your Comment
{{comment.Name}} made a post.




There are no comments to display. Be the first one to comment!


Name Required.


Email Id Required.

Email Id Not Valid.


Mobile Required.

Email ID and Mobile Number are kept private and will not be shown publicly.

Message Required.

Click to Change image  Refresh Captcha